 Off-Topic / Debate / 818
817  |  819
Subject:
Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 01:52:11 GMT

Richard Dee wrote:

But please demonstrate a *need* to own a gun, I still
don't understand why you would defend the *right* to a own a
gun without a reasonable *need*. Simply because a law says you can?
Is there no such thing as a silly law, or a ridiculous law?
Or is gun ownership a really important right for some people?
Why?

Demonstrate the need to own LEGO, then. What a silly question.

No one should have to demonstrate needs here. We're talking about
acquisition of property. If I have the resources, and the acquisition of
property per se does not infringe the rights of others, it is my right
to acquire it.

However, I'll do it anyway. The reason is defense. Defense against those
that would initiate the use of force against me, be they criminals of
the individual kind or criminals of the statist kind.

The founding fathers put the wording they used into the 2nd amendment
for a reason. Look up the meaning of militia as it was meant in 1790. An
armed population is a civil population and is the final check.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.