 Off-Topic / Debate / *4236 (-20)
  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) I may have news for you--that "who" wasn't anyone actually doing the fighting. One of the benefits of being at the "top of the food chain", as it were, in an corporatist imperial state means being able to sit in your boardroom sipping (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in article <Fq3tKE.9sx@lugnet.com>... (...) in (...) Well, in my case, Todd gave me the best laugh I've had today. I suspect he knows his double negatives better than that. :) Thanks Todd. Regards, Allan (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in article <rqepaske3v1t1f7b8og...ax.com>... (...) postings (...) since (...) Sounds like a reasonable answer to me. :) I didn't mean to suggest that Larry WASN'T all that his reputation suggests, but (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) If I were to take a guess at it I'd say that Larry was probably one of the first people outside Todd & Suz to really talk with them and help them test things out before LUGNET went live. I was one of the original handful of BETA-testers (I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) <snip> (...) lugnet.off-topic.mil...y-bluster? (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) No, he's just adjusting to being a New Englander... Todd, you need to do better than that though, that's a poor example of double negativese. Frank (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Shiri wrote in message ... (...) his (...) misteaks." Now there's an idea! Of course that won't help those not in the know any... Frank who may be a respectable member of the AFOL community who does make the occasional misteak (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) Larry's the best one to answer that. :) (...) Well, I don't think they can -- and that's 98% of the reason I jumped on Larry for what he posted. And it's also why I posted something similar-but- different right afterwards. The other 2% is (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) I can answer this much - when Larry makes a mistake (which, people say, he never does), he answers by saying "I never make misteaks." Or someone else says it for him - because this is 'his' line, his little pun, a trademark of a sort. (CMIIW) (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Allan Bedford wrote in message <01bf79b1$4ab7e040$3...hx1138>... (...) It's a running gag. Check out: (URL) is given a little more leeway than some people, but that is because of his history as a solid contributor. There really is no way to avoid (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in article <Fq3o8y.6nK@lugnet.com>... (...) few (...) raised (...) something (...) more (...) know (...) even (...) I'm glad you used that last little quote. It highlights my point exactly. I've been reading (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) This is an incredibly ridiculous statement. While the Army Airborne were the first troops on the ground (with M16's only), everyone knows that the Marines, thanks to the maritime prepositioning system, were the first fully equipped armed (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) No offense taken. (...) But it is relevant to those of us who are employed in the computer networking industry. I, as a developer / administrator of networking technology, have a responsibility to myself and my career to ensure that wanton and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Having also been "in an armed conflict on foreign soil" (in fact, I was in the middle of Iraq with the 1st Cav while the Marines were still sailing back and forth in the Arabian Gulf playing decoy, but I digress), I can say that the Gulf War and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Hello Jeremy, First let me apologize, I agree with many of the replies that it was not a gentlemanly thing for me to have publicly criticized you in such a fashion. I meant you no disrespect personally, it's very easy to become dettached when you're (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Agreed 100%. The biggest thing about spam that just steams me is the cost-shifting of advertising. In a traditional marketing situation, the advertiser pays the expense of hawking his product. With spam, the advertiser spends *nothing* -- all (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) (3 URLs) before you leap, please. While I will conceed that it isn't much of a pain for me to hit the delete key, it is a pain for me to hit the delete key several times a day. It is a pain to have to set up filters, and potentially miss mail (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) No, I don't think he (*must* be a male) would ever give up his precious Mad Hatter® pseudo-- he thinks he *is* the Mad Hatter. (...) Sleeping dogs lay, people lie. But don't get me started on the depravity of man;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SPAM

(...) If you respond to spam you have just given the spammer your email addy which he now knows is active and will then sell it to whomever he chooses. To suddenly find porn in your mailbox is not an event I wish to experience. And once your addy (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SPAM

(...) Whoops, slight mistake... The letter I received WAS signed. I guess that would make it a less-plausible spam, but not always. I sometimes get spams that start out "Hi, my name is ___. A mutual friend told me about you" or some sort of trash. (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact