 Off-Topic / Debate / *23726 (-20)
  George Bush has legitimised terrorism

I thought (URL) this> was a great article. Two key sections of text: “Two nights ago, this most dangerous man, George Bush, talked about "freedom in Iraq". Not "democracy" in Iraq. No, "democracy" was no longer mentioned. "Democracy" was simply left (...) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Bush-Sharon love fest

(...) NO!, I said it would be a start. Israel is perfectly entitled to defend itself... nothing more! (URL) this>: "The Israeli occupation army and paramilitary Jewish settlers have killed 545 Palestinian children and minors since the outbreak of (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

(...) So you are suggesting that if Israel stopped any and all violence against the Palestinians, that specific action would then stop Palestinian terror? Naive and wrong. (...) Those borders were pretty much proposed already and were rejected. As (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

(...) Perhaps they could start by ending Israeli terror? Then they could return to the '67 borders and compensate refugees. Despite what the Old Testament says, the West Bank does not belong to Israel. Although it would be an injustice to the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

(...) What specifically do you propose Israel do to end Palestinian terror? What specific options are available? JOHN (no Yankee fan here---Win Twins!) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

(...) I agree. His belief that “terrorism” can be stopped by attacking the symptoms whilst (URL) stoking the cause> is very dangerous… and mind-boggling. Scott A (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

(...) To me, the worst part wasn't the press conference, but rather the follow-up reactions from the faithful. CSPAN this morning had a number of callers praising Dubya for his unshaking resolve, while others expressed satisfaction that Dubya had (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 1,000,000 unnecessary deaths?

(...) This been in all the local Canadian papers--not really a 'dirty little secret'. The gov't claims that this 'culling' is to help, not to hinder. Yeah, the Canadian gov't helping anyone right now is something I can live without. But who to vote (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  arrogant and unrepentant (Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...)

(...) I thought the whole tone was that of fawning sycophancy. A bunch of school kids would have been more probing. (URL) Another perspective>: Bush's demeanor was arrogant and unrepentant. Asked on numerous occasions to name things he would have (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  1,000,000 unnecessary deaths?

(URL) 1,000,000 unnecessary deaths?> "It is horrible to see the aftermath of this slaughter. There is blood everywhere. Every few feet as you walk across the ice, you pass by large pools of blood and carcasses lined up in open graves. Their eyes (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

(...) The press, at least, asked what I consider to be better questions. They seemed to be slightly apologetic or evasiv about the way they asked them--"There are those who say that.... How would you respond to those critics?" At least the questions (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  If you Yankees vote for this guy again...

You deserve what you get. I have never seen anyone shoot himself in the foot so much than in this press coverage... "When we get this Iraq thing right..." Yeah, we're waiting on that one, Mr. President... And the constant little laughs... this is no (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blair is Right On!

(...) It was not a speech; Blair struggles to find a sympathetic audience in the UK these days. (...) I feel sorry for the troops; there are not enough of them and they have the wrong type of training. I blame Bush, Rumsfeld etc for the alleged (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Blair is Right On!

(...) Don’t be fooled by this; abandoning Iraq is not the only alternative. Scott A (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: From Reason: "It's all bad news - Chaos in occupied Iraq"

(...) If I could stop the murder of Iraqi civilians simply by over-estimating the number of deaths, I would certainly do so. Wouldn't you? Anyway, do you have documentation for your rebuttal of Iraqbodycount's methodology? If you're correct, then (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Remember to turn off the lights at Legoland California...

(...) Well, "Bill"(1) took another wound... 1 - our Irish friend... "Bill O'Rights" (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Remember to turn off the lights at Legoland California...

(...) This story makes me feel safe from miscreant, drug-addled deviants everywhere. I particularly like this part: (...) **snip** (...) In essence, "an unidenfied, confidential source" (which in practice is no different from "no source at all") (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blair is Right On!

(...) Who? (...) Sure. It was a great speech. Brought a tear to my eye. If only it were all true. We're not uniformly the good guys here by any stretch of the imagination. (1) I dunno about you but viewing some of the Fallujah footage, I kept (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Remember to turn off the lights at Legoland California...

"Neb Okla" <n_okla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HvvD0p.1pwI@lugnet.com... (...) really harmed in this incident. Frank (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: They Know Where You Are!

(...) about (...) updated (...) doubt (...) for (...) Most of what they have now are aerial photos, however, when the site first opened, there were satellite photos. One of the satellites was a Russian one. The aerial photos are clearly of much (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact