 Off-Topic / Debate / 23709
Re: Blair is Right On!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:48:32 GMT

   Phil Mikkelson was great yesterday;

Who?

   Blair was better

Sure. It was a great speech. Brought a tear to my eye.

If only it were all true. We’re not uniformly the good guys here by any stretch of the imagination. (1)

I dunno about you but viewing some of the Fallujah footage, I kept hearing “we had to destroy the village in order to save it” and “we are making great progress in our pacification of the Mekong delta” from the voices in my head.

Wish they’d shut up and let me be.

1 - note. we don’t NEED to be 100% perfect in order to be better than our opponents. Even a mixed morality can succeed. But SOME movement in the good direction would be a good thing.