 Off-Topic / Debate / *19256 (-20)
  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Perhaps it's a case of the program showing what the viewers wanted to see, so that the program was in turn influenced by the viewership? This is obviously similar to The West Wing. I haven't seen even one second of that show, but does it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  MASH Goofs--Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) Here's a site that I came across when this topic came up (URL) has a good list of goofs--I think the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com) probably has another such list. Regardless of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) It would also be a mistake to think that they weren't at least unconsciously influenced by it... (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Ugly John also played Captain Muldoon, in a later-series one-shot in which the doctors had to run Rosie's Bar while she recovered from cracked ribs. They played Revolving Asians, too. Mako portrayed three different roles that I can think of, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) Well then they must have said something about Hawkeye making some remark about credit cards-- which I don't believe were around during the Korean war. Maggie C. (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) Or when Harry Morgan was cast as a 'crazy general guy' and, like 4 episodes later-ish, he was the commanding officer of the 4077th. Think anyone would notice that? There was a website I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) You're stripping away the numbers for the sake of a punchline. According to the first article, the number of firearms-related murders in 1996 England/Wales was 49. Forty-nine! Pittsburgh alone had 47 murders in 1996, and we don't have a gun (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What has to be the worst in mug shots...

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HB6GLK.1tL@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) Snipp LOL! Bad hair Day? /Jocke (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: **snip of some stuff, including a good reminder about North Korea*** (...) It should be remembered that one can (or can prefer to) watch a program without swallowing its "message" hook, line, and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  What has to be the worst in mug shots...

I know that when the police come "a knockin'" that most folks don't have enuf time to "pretty themselves up"... But this guy... (URL) that has to be the worst pic ever... And what's with that shirt? ;) Few things... Not to be completely facetious (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) I agree we should go into space. I also think we should vet all world leaders pychologically before we let them take up power. I think space colonization wouldn't have to be that expensive. We coud use robots to build our bases on Mars and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

6) It would help to trivialize the petty squabbles (Bushes v. (...) Is it possible we could build a space colony of two? ;) Scott A (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) I don't care if it does -- I want my piece of the pork to go to space! What can a space colony do that would make such an expenditure worthwhile? In order of importance: 1) It would be the coolest thing humanity has ever done! 2) It would get (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) Well, you know the space program hasn't gained us anything useful at all... :-) :-) :-) (1) Of course all sorts of good stuff has come from the space program. While we can pick bones with how it was financed, there is no doubt whatsoever that (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) True, but both articles site that illegally owned firearms were/are responsible for the vast majority of crime. The first article states that tighter gun control will not have any positive impact (but probably have a negative one) on the crime (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) "Well look at it from another point of view. We still have messes to clean up from ejecting the Moors. What can an expedition to China do that would make such an expenditure worthwhile? Let Columbus help solve the problems here in Spain first" (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) well, look at it from a resources point of view. a colony in space or on another planet would cost trillions, and yet people are starving to death here on earth. What can a space colony do that would make such an expediture worthwhile? I'm (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) Now on this we completely agree--this very discussion has caused much consternation between myself and my SO--I say we're not in space enuf, she wants to see us take care of *everything* here before we even think about getting into space. Dave (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) The MASH movie, as intended by the director, wasn't suppose to mention that it took place in Korea at all to 'blur' the line between thinking it was about Korea or about Vietnam. Another interesting tid-bit about the movie was that there was (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: And now for something completely different...

(...) But, you see, there IS a solution. Get a large enough industrial base going in the system that any object moving at less than relativistic speeds can be cheerfully disassembled as soon as its vectors are calculated, and turned into shiny (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact