 Off-Topic / Debate / *13106 (-20)
  Re: Debunk this?

(...) terrorist (...) Oh, I see that now. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I've come to expect such remarks from Dan. It just caught me off guard in your post. Up to that point your post seemed levelheaded. I could agree to many points (and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) reading (...) I'm specifically saying that's what Dan said (and I think that's partly what riled folks). See: (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks writes: <snip> (...) <snip> I'm sorry, I read it several times and still could not believe what I'm reading (perhaps it's my english). Are you saying that you think Israel is a terrorist organization? (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) FWIW Dan, I've really appreciated the information that you and others have presented here from the "other" side of this issue. Even if I do kind of agree (from across subjects, not just the issue of Israel) that you slam the US quite often. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

I'm pointing out the dirty facts behind the curtain the popular American media has created regarding Palestine and Israel. If that is being one-sided, then the only "side" I'm on is that of truth and justice. I make no bones about shedding light on (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

Dan, Then you need to think about your one-sided responses. Just go back and check your responses in this group - the vast majority are "X is Israel/US's fault" or "X is caused by Israel/US" or "X is worsened by Israel/US". If we take you at your (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who are we to judge?

(...) I don't think he's dismissing neutrality - do you? Should a nation continue to host terrorist training camps would you consider it neutral? Should a nation harbour terrorists knowingly and refuse to turn them out or turn them over would you (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The god debate again... sigh

One cartoonist's view (URL) has been addressed, but which makes me laugh nonetheless) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) Well first of all we are all wearing our emotions pretty close to the vest now-a-days so I may have said something I wouldn't have under normal circumstances. Unfortunately these arn't normal circumstances. I see where what I said sounded like (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...

(...) Ah yes, the "too big/important to fail" argument. (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

I see you've chosen to try to worm out rather than admit your error. I expected better from you, Ross. (...) No. And if you seriously want to make the argument that he was violent, your understanding of violence is flawed. Seriously. Hence the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who are we to judge?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes: [snip] (...) So it's OK for GWB to unilaterally dismiss the notion of neutrality? I too am not particularly happy with this particular line. Though my government (and myself) are behind the US in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: [snippety] (...) Exactly, just like Australia's[1] Ansett Airlines: (URL) when a large company goes bankrupt, it's not only the shareholders that pay. ROSCO [1] OK, it was recently acquired by Air (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) However I think being a passenger on a hijacked airliner, with reports that at least one other similar airliner may have just flown straight into a not-so-very-far-away building, is *not* a typical situation. Consider: A man is walking along (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...

Greetings Horst, (...) I see that you oppose the idea. And I see that you don't want to substantiate such a claim. Fine. But I can and will (and have!) substantiated the opposite claim. People are in fact safer when guns are plentiful (at least in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who are we to judge?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes: But in the context of the rest of the speech Bush made I think it (...) Well, here's where we get into how slippery and essentially empty the president's rhetoric really is... Nations are not things (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: DVD players (Was: Re: From a mailing list)

(...) Didn't stop me. However, I have only replaced a few things on DVD. The real option is to join Netflix.com - a web based DVD rental company. Huge selection, easy service (DVD's are mailed to you with return postage paid envelopes), great (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) That is NOT my viewpoint! Dan (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who are we to judge?

I think in the context that this remark was made it was pretty clear what our President meant, and I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious. You're entitled to your opinion. Heck, I don't even have a problem if you or anyone else wants (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who are we to judge?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message.... <snip> (...) Is this the same speech were he said "You are either with us, or with the terrorists"? I have a problem with this because I certainly don't agree with the US's retaliation, does that make me a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact