 Off-Topic / Debate / 13092
Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:25:20 GMT

Greetings Horst,

Well, I don't want to dive into a firearms discussion here. What I wanted to
oppose is the idea that air travel is safer when firearms are allowed to be
taken into planes by passengers.

I see that you oppose the idea.  And I see that you don't want to substantiate
such a claim.  Fine.  But I can and will (and have!) substantiated the
opposite claim.  People are in fact safer when guns are plentiful (at least in
the US -- and seemingly, Afghanistan).

Maybe a few armed policemen, conservatively clothed, but certainly not the
larger public ...

I'm not entirely opposed to sky marshals, but I'd rather the airlines supply
the guards.  That way each consumer could choose to pay or not pay for the
added security.

And how can people working in skyscrapers be more safe when people decide to
NOT pay for it?

By arming their skyscrapers, of course.  :-)

Chris