 Off-Topic / Debate / 13045
Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:30:38 GMT

I'm not entirely opposed to sky marshals, but I'd rather the airlines supply
the guards. That way each consumer could choose to pay or not pay for the
added security.

  But the effects of that decision outweigh the need for the individual to
preserve that decision-making right, unless only the individual is going to
be affected by the decision. That is, if a plane is to be hijacked and used
to kill several thousand people, I really don't give a hoot whether or not
Joe Smith decided not to pay for an on-board marshall. The decision to put
marshals aboard is and must be the purview of the airlines, even if in
making that decision they defer to the Fed.
  If Joe Smith really wants to carry a gun on board and really wants to fly
without marshals, let him charter a puddlejumper.

     Dave!