 Off-Topic / Fun / 8137
Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:59:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:
Hello Chris,

One might wonder how much less destruction there would have been on 11
September if some or many of the passengers had been armed.

Given the fact that even in the Sep. 11 disaster, less people were probably
killed than are killed in a "normal" year by use of guns in the US, I tend
to prefer NOT to legalize taking firearms into planes.

I think you're going to have a hard time proving that statistic to actually
be true, or if it is, that it's a causal link, or if it is a causal link,
that banning guns would actually make any difference (plowed ground alert).

However, on a less serious note, I support not allowing people to take
automobiles with them in their checked luggage. Automobiles are much more
deadly than guns...

But I'm not sure that I would support preventing french fries being brought
on board (I do that all the time) even though heart disease caused by
cholesterol is an even worse killer than automobiles are.

I think you're going to have a hard time proving that statistic to actually
be true, or if it is, that it's a causal link, or if it is a causal link,
that low cholesterol fries would actually make any difference.  :-)

Chris