 Off-Topic / Debate / 13004
Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:03:37 GMT

Here is an op-ed sure to make some folks foam...

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-barnett091801.shtml

but not me... This writer *gets* what the militia is.

This is exactly why we will never see this particular form of attack again.

Prior to this attack Pilots and crew had been taught that in a hijacking
situation the best way to insure their own safty and the safty of the
passangers was to do as the hijackers said.  Up until September 11th that
policy worked very well.  Now though, we know differently.  Never again will we
see pilots acceding to the demands of the terrorists.

More importantly the "malitia" will never sit by and let this happen again.
For me if it is a choice between the deaths of 200 people on the plane or 7,000
people on the ground and 200 on the plane.  I would chose just the 200 on the
plane.

Eric K.