 Off-Topic / Debate / 13090
Re: DVD players (Was: Re: From a mailing list)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
In article <GK2zDL.D4y@lugnet.com>,
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

What actually may be a larger part of the expense of going DVD is the
tendency to buy some of the same items you already have on VHS that is very
hard to resist. I know when I switched away from LPs, I did in fact buy some
of the same albums again on CD. They were just *better* that way.

I thought about that too, so I didn't buy a DVD player for a long time.

Didn't stop me.  However, I have only replaced a few things on DVD.

The real option is to join Netflix.com - a web based DVD rental company.  Huge
selection, easy service (DVD's are mailed to you with return postage paid
envelopes), great monthly rates (for the price of 1 DVD $25 - you have 4 movies
rented at a time - when you return one, the next movie in your queue is shipped
(I average 12 movies a month - far less than the cost of Blockbuster).