 Off-Topic / Debate / *13031 (-20)
  Re: From a mailing list

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GK0pzq.7uE@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) leaders, (...) to Cat. This is a good post. I like it. /J (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

Hello, in addition to what Daniel Jassim already wrote, this article made me wonder whether Arafat is really leading these tactical maneuvers, or whether he is merely losing control ... Greetings Horst (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...

... however they did this without guns. So how does the firearms discussion get into this article? I suspect the author has some hidden agenda, and is trying to capitalize on the current rage. If so, shame on him ... Other than that, I think the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) I don't know what you're asking here? Do I deny there were celebrations? Of course not, that's pretty obvious. And I don't think the Arabs are denying the celebrations either, just specific portions of the initial footage shown in America. The (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) ok, so you are denying that the complete footage, as seen on CNN is real, actual palestinians celebrating the WTC attack... which is exactly what you said no one is doing. Drop that though, what basis do you have to claim that any part of it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) Because it's shocking to see such behavior, but I'm not surprised that the Palestinians would feel that way after everything they've endured. I think anyone wishing to pass judgement on another should first consider walking in their shoes. How (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  From a mailing list

I can't attribute the source because I don't know. I am on a mailing list of IBMers and exIBMers, all of who used to hang out on IBMTEXT (and especially the NITPICK FORUM) and one of them got this in HER email and reposted it. Flame me if you want (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) Which is a kind of attack. (...) Unarmed attacks are nevertheless attacks. You've been caught in a logical contradiction and unless you can get away with redefining pacifism to mean something it does not, you're stuck. Admit it and move on. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) Well no, actually, they are in fact *not* happy for "any amount". If you physically mail them a penny, you're costing them *more* to process it than it's worth to them. Not costing you more, costing *them* more. Taking this example further, If (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GK0IsA.GL2@lugnet.com... (...) Even if the F-16 did shoot them out the sky, the passengers on board did not know that was going to happen. I can't believe it was a cover up, as the reports (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) weaponless (...) You have to be kidding!!! These hijackers more than likely had killed some crew, possibly some passangers, and almost certainly the pilots. The passangers knew this. They also knew, via phone conversations, that planes were (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) I think of it as costing *me* more - the Red Cross are happy for any amount. But you're right - it essentially means I deprived them of a small donation from yahoo (or whoever carries the cost of collecting the donations). ROSCO (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) As I said, it was more likely a charge - remember they were probably weaponless - whether they were intending to hurt the hijackers is anyone's guess. My aim in their position would be (if I had time to think about it): 1. Try and get control (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) Can you site examples when Israel or the US censored a report of a civilian gathering? not talking about details about a military operation, since that actually does make sense. But civilian? Also, can you site a single example of anyone (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) So you concede that it is likely that one or more passengers did in fact attack, then? I grant that we may never know for certain, but submit that the evidence is very strongly pointing in that direction. Therefore the passenger or passengers (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "The Roots of Muslim Rage"

(...) He's half right. This *is* an internal Muslim issue, but the (technically non Muslim, by many interpretations of the Koran) radicals have forfeited the right for it to remain solely internal. They are going to get some outside interference (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) How did you do that? Directly? Too bad. You *missed* the point. The point is that you cost the Red Cross more (as a percentage of your donation) if you donate directly than if you donate via Yahoo or Amazon or MSN... every donation takes some (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) Nope, I didn't have anything else to direct at you. You answered my question honestly, it's not debunkable. I appreciate that. Thanks Dan. (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) Thanks for posting this. I know there was some talk about a Lugnet community fund raiser type event, but it didn't get much response. I think at this time, people just want to straight out make an immediate donation. There's a celebrity (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  "The Roots of Muslim Rage"

Another cite. I got this one from Slate -- it's an article by Bernard Lewis that was published in the Atlantic Monthly a while ago. (URL) the whole thing, but I'd like to quote from the last two paragraphs: "THE movement nowadays called (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact