 Off-Topic / Debate / *12711 (-20)
  Re: War

(...) Yes. Peace. ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Better or worse I will not comment on. I think your example is inapplicable to this situation, but I did want to point out that american law, at any rate, distinguishes between these cases... driving drunk and killing someone is negligent (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Please make a donation via Paypal to the Red Cross!

Having been stuck so full of needles a few weeks ago (8 times in the course of one day, and a couple more times last week - I looked like a drug addict) I just couldn't bring myself to give blood from the far coast, so I donated $100 to the Red (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: War

Ross, your stance here completely baffles me. You're nitpicking against taking action but you (and Jason) haven't proposed any concrete plan of your own other than (paraphrasing and guessing) "right all the injustice in the world everywhere and the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The killing needs to stop.

Amongst the dozens of messages here I would like to offer my support for & bring attention to this message posted by Richard Marchetti: richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GJMBso.CFI@lugnet.com... <snipped talk about (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Well, maybe it's time to correct that. Chris (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Why? Power units are the concern, not nations. These are new times and governments will become less important as other power structures evolve. I think you're operating in the old paradigm. Chris (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: In light of Tuesday's events (was Re: Are we doing the right thing?)

(...) Fair enough. I'll try not to be testy...things have been rough and I guess I'd rather this conversation have waited a week, but here we are. (...) Last week was a long time ago. (...) watching (...) Exhibit A and a half - On Thursday, 6 Sep (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Please make a donation via Paypal to the Red Cross!

I am proud to say that I have made my donation. I challange all those up to it, to do the same or similar! Mel I have posted this to the area's that seem to be used the most at this particular time. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: War

(...) I have not read all of the things said, in all of the hundreds of posts here, so forgive me there... I think though that these people who fear they are about to be attacked will try and evacuate themselves to what they may think could be a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Then let me clarify the question: Do you identify no difference between 1) Murdering innocent civilians aboard a civilian jet and in civilian buildings and 2) The death of civilians resulting from their proximity to known military targets If (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Please make a donation via Paypal to the Red Cross!

I am sure that most of us received the following message from Paypal If possible, please make a donation, even the smallest amounts count. There will always be someone in need who could use everthing possible right now. I am just about to donate (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: We don't live in America, America lives in US!

USA - please DO NOT revange ! No war ! In this case Europe will be NOT with you. Thanks. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We don't live in America, America lives in US!

<snip> I had a smile on my face when I finished reading this. Then I emailed the link to a good friend of mine, Mimi, and she wasn't so happy about it. When I read her response I understood why. She is one smart girl (and I'm being objective here). (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) <snipped your reply to Richard> Regardless, we can all agree that killing the innocent for the sins of the leadership is wrong. Our attackers demonized Americans and committed a brutal criminal act that shattered the lives of many innocent (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) <snipped> It would take too long to respond to every item in your post so let me just say that we agree killing innocent people is wrong. Also, we can agree that demonizing and making generic assumptions about another culture is wrong. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We don't live in America, America lives in US!

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GJMC0I.Cz8@lugnet.com... (...) Eh Mathew I am sorry, OK? I know you are hurting. It was insensitive of me to pick on what you posted. I am sure that we have much in common, and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJMFCE.LKt@lugnet.com... (...) Larry. Peace. We are on the same side. I admitted I was wrong to flame Greg, he has admitted he might have worded his post better. It is all to easy, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

Well, if anyone had any doubts that our anonymous foe is prepared for a long, drawn-out struggle, those should be laid to rest by now. Details aren't all in, but it appears those who didn't get a chance to carry out their "missions" on Tuesday (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Terrorist Attacks: Why and What Now?

Hello everybody, let me express my deepest sympathy with the victims of the terrorist attack as well as their families and friends. I hope no one of the LUGNET community was affected, directly or indirectly. When I was watching TV the evening after (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact