 Off-Topic / Debate / 12703
Re: Please make a donation via Paypal to the Red Cross!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:36:14 GMT

I am proud to say that I have made my donation.  I challange all those up to
it, to do the same or similar!

Mel

I have posted this to the area's that seem to be used the most at this
particular time.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Melody Brown writes:
I am sure that most of us received the following message from Paypal

If possible, please make a donation, even the smallest amounts count.  There
will always be someone in need who could use everthing possible right now.
I am just about to donate something after sending this post.  If the people
of Lugnet want to help then here is a chance!  I'd donate blood if I had
too, but I guess I am too far away :(

Thanks... Mel

'Dear PayPal Member,

Tuesday's tragic attacks have triggered a worldwide desire to help the
victims, their families, and the rescue efforts that continue in New York
City, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania. We have received numerous calls and
emails from the PayPal community asking for information about making
donations to the relief efforts.

a special fund to help our members provide assistance to those affected by
this tragedy. By clicking on the button below, you can make a donation
directly to the National Disaster Relief Fund of the American Red Cross. The
Red Cross will receive 100% of the proceeds and PayPal will realize no
profits from money donated to this fund.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

Sincerely,

The PayPal Team
https://www.paypal.com '

Copyright© 2001 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and
brands are the property of their respective owners.

Disclaimer: This is a true statement/email/letter from Paypal, everyword is
their own and nothing has been changed by myself.  I just copied the letter
to try and get their word out to help.