 Off-Topic / Debate / 12693
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 06:44:22 GMT

   Well, if anyone had any doubts that our anonymous foe
   is prepared for a long, drawn-out struggle, those should
   be laid to rest by now.  Details aren't all in, but it
   appears those who didn't get a chance to carry out their
   "missions" on Tuesday tried to get through yesterday instead!
   (What a bunch of idiots--but hey, now we have some *alive*...)
   Apparently the Feds have 10 or 11 individuals in custody,
   people who had knives and in a couple of cases pilot's
   licenses and were wearing stolen uniforms (Delta, I think).
   They had Tuesday tickets to LAX originally.

   From the looks of it, the Feds may have dropped the ball on
   the initial attacks, but it looks like things are falling
   into place now.  This little band of demons is on borrowed
   time, and so are their brothers in terror "back home" and all
   over the world, from Manila and Hamburg to Baghdad and Kabul.  I
   have a strange feeling that our people already know the
   first couple of targets on our list, and may even be on their
   way.  May their aim be true (I have few doubts it will be).

   LFB (Who appreciates Queen Elizabeth II's gesture yesterday
        beyond words.)