 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1372 (-20)
  Best Lock is stealing the Terminator!!!

(URL) Here: (URL) Park also: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  WTB: Yellow Duplo Eggs and the Lego and Clone Stuff

Hey Y'all: The main thing I want right now are 3 of those yellow Duplo eggs of about two years ago. I am particularly concerned about the clarity and scratch free condition of the eggs, so if you have SUPER MINT ones to sell me I will go as high as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Mega Blocks DRAGONS now @ Target stores!!!!

(...) I bought the 2 medium sets (9981 "Battle Gate" and 9886 "Sorcerer's Lair") and the smaller one (9871 "Dragon Slayer") at a TRU here in Edmonton, on Monday. Used a pair of $5.00 off coupons on the medium ones. I didn't see the big set, but (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Blocks DRAGONS now @ Target stores!!!!

Hi, I saw the Megabloks DRAGONS sets at TRU here in Canada this morning. Although, I am basically a LEGO train and town fan, my boys are Castle fans. I think Megabloks has a keeper here. The minifig figures look great and the pieces are very (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB updated their website (Destroyer?)

(...) Thanks Dave, you're a genius. Nice ship. Fabulous pieces. Minifig scale, the railing pieces will make terrific handrails on the outer hull of a space ship. I'll give it another few weeks. Don't be too surprised of I start sniffing around for a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mega Bloks Warrior's Fortress

The Mega Bloks Warrior's Fortress is at Walmart for $36.88 if anyone is interested in getting it for a lot less than it's suggested price of around $49. Paul (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB updated their website (Destroyer?)

(...) (URL) of note: 32 of the 1x4 railing pieces 2 one-piece 4x missle racks (not articulated, but nice in small scale) 2 missile launchers (non-firing) with side pegs 4 small-scale missles for above 3 two-piece radar dishes. Not yet sure if I like (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB updated their website (Destroyer?)

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, dudes wrote handy heads up material. Thanks guys. Being a fan of MB especially for hulls (URL) am particularly interested in the sub and the destroyer, neither of which have been seen out here in the periphery. The (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Sirius

(...) Very nice, Richard! Good to hear that you're doing some decent internal construction. Very large, very grey, very good. x-posted to .space cause some people there might like it... Zac (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space)

  Re: Mega Blocks DRAGONS now @ Target stores!!!!

(...) I agree with Aaron. These will draw a lot of my Lego money away. I bought a couple of the Battle Chests (9861 Bronze Knights & 9862 Silver Knights) and a 9871 Dragon Slayer this week. The dragons are a little awkward, but the rest of the stuff (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mega Blocks DRAGONS now @ Target stores!!!!

I got a couple of the random Battle Chests so I could see if I like this stuff or if I can work around it with my LEGO. The shields and weapons work fine. The heads, legs and torsos of the warriors work well with LEGO. The bricks are interesting, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?

I was going to take a couple of shots and stick them on my web site as suggested by Pedro (thanks), but having seen Clark's site I feel there is no longer any need. The stuff I have is clearly CA and the logo in particular looks just like the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?

Simon, What you have is Lego made from Cellulose Acetate (or CA). That is a kind of plastic that Lego used until 1963. After that, they switched to ABS still in use today. The descriptions you use are classic CA. The color is lighter. It warps (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

Erik really gave us the goods in his last review of these new "Dragons" items. All of his observations are very thoroughly thought out and dead-on target. And I agree that wargamers are at least part of MB's intended audience with this line. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?

(...) Do you have a possibility to take a snapshot of the parts? I would be inclined to think they may be parts from the 50's, not in ABS but in acetate. The molds were different then, and the logo was slightly different too. I cannot be sure of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?

Whilst on the subject of Lego / not Lego, I have a question. I have recently bought at a boot fair a bag of Lego, most appearing to be the same era as the stuff I have from childhood, c 1970's. A fair bit of the Lego is obviously different though. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?

Liz, I've cross-posted this to the clone brands subgroup of Lugnet, where you'll get people much more knowledgable of the similarities & differences between Lego and other manufacturers. There are no stupid questions, although finding the answers (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?

(...) LEGO has a slope like that: (URL) test if it is LEGO, may I suggest you try inserting an antenna or some sort of *minifig tool* in the open stud? If it is LEGO, the tool should fit the hole. For reference, this part was used in many sets, one (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks Dragon sets at Zainy Brainy soon

(...) on (...) could (...) Yes! That is great! (...) LOL. (...) Thanks for the info. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks Dragon sets at Zainy Brainy soon

(...) You're in luck--the heads are indeed of the LEGO peg-on-body style. Right now I have a Timmy on one of the burlier bodies. Dave! (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact