 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1357
Re: LEGO parts -- genuine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:21:44 GMT

Whilst on the subject of Lego / not Lego, I have a question.
I have recently bought at a boot fair a bag of Lego, most appearing to
be the same era as the stuff I have from childhood, c 1970's. A fair bit
of the Lego is obviously different though. The plastic is of a poorer
standard, showing distortions and mold marks on normally perfect
surfaces. The "LEGO" embossed on the studs is present, although the font
appears to be different. The colours are slightly weaker than the
"standard" Lego and in this case are Yellow, Red and White.

The question is (finally) this. Is this genuine Lego of perhaps earlier
origin than the rest, or is it fake and if so, any clues as to its
source?

Simon Gammon   (simon@gammon.demon.co.uk)
Helensburgh, Scotland