 MediaWatch / 2781 (-20)
  How LEGO Revived Its Brand

(From Businessweek: July 23, 2010.) How LEGO Revived Its Brand In an excerpt from Design Is How It Works, former BusinessWeek staff writer Jay Greene explores LEGO's troubles and its comeback By Jay Greene Paal Smith-Meyer is waving a BusinessWeek (...) (14 years ago, 11-Aug-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

(...) Nod. Brickwiki just silently disappearing is rather a bummer, lost a fair bit of work from a fair number of folks. I've pinged the owner a few times about bringing it up long enough to get the data extracted but no joy yet. (14 years ago, 31-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

(...) You and me both! I prefer the mechanics of some other sites but I would rather come here than most of them. (14 years ago, 30-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

(...) Yes, it seems that LUGNET has been surpassed in terms of board bells and whistles and AFOLs have preferred to go elsewhere to talk about LEGO. But I refuse to gentle into that good night; I believe that LUGNET is sound in theory and can still (...) (14 years ago, 30-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

(...) Probably about as tough as adding multi-column select-sort to the sets database (in other words, don't count on it) :-( I MIGHT have been the guy to ask at one time. Was on the fast track to help Suzanne with some programming. Alas, the best (...) (14 years ago, 30-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) "We" have two of our own, at least, working as designers (in Pierre N and Jamie B) so I think there is little danger of the designers running out of creative juices. But ya. (14 years ago, 29-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) actually i did do some entries for a shot at a prize (blushing). but it turned out to be a great creative exercise in getting to know the LDD program (i usually use ldraw), using only the available parts in the program, building something (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) You're still assuming that the main goal of this is to glean ideas for use in future sets. On the surface, it appears that the main goal is to get cool models that they can use as graphics for the 2010 Holiday catalog. Graphics which in no way (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) hi john i definitely acknowledge that tlc has involved afols in the past (i feel strongly it's where 'legends', 'creator theme' and the whole 'factory' ideas are from--along with other improvements). i guess i just feel like our involvement (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

(...) Which begs the question: how difficult would it be to make posts on LUGNET editable? Not necessarily a question for you but just idle speculation.... JOHN (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

In lugnet.mediawatch, Joshua Delahunty wrote: <snip> Of course I meant "Trading Card Game." <sigh> Stoopit fingers! :) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming

(URL) LEGO Group Selects Dire Wolf Digital to Produce LEGO® Universe Trading Card Game DENVER, CO, JULY 28, 2010 – The LEGO Group has entered into an agreement with Dire Wolf Digital to create a new trading card game (TCG) based on the upcoming (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) That's one way to look at it, Joseph. Another way would be to acknowledge the TLC is involving AFOLs into their design process, a gesture for which AFOLs were screaming 10+ years ago. You may not know or remember what it was like 10-15 years (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) thanks for the response, david. i understand and accept the rules. my main point was the cheap notion of 'let's have a contest to gather LOTS of ideas for (relatively) free rather than pay our on-staff designers to get creative'. ..jg (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) It may sound underhanded at first glance, but that's all standard boilerplate. It has the following effects: 1. If you submit an physical photo, you surrender your rights to that photo. They are not obligated to return it to you. 2. If they (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge

(...) i'm gonna say right up front that i've already submitted a couple of ideas to this contest and i need it to be clear that i enjoy a lot of the products that the lego group produces BUT does it seem a bit like this is a REALLY EASY way for tlg (...) (14 years ago, 27-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks and Thomas and Friends

(...) We has Thomas and (some) friends at a few of our shows and they were a major draw. As like many others (including you) we had a 9v thomas for hte train layout as well and the kids loved it. Is sad that there'll be no more :( Dave K (14 years ago, 24-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks and Thomas and Friends

(...) Wow, that's news to me. Sad news. Our layout features all of the Duplo TtTE sets. I guess I don't need to worry about making space for more sets:-( JOHN (14 years ago, 24-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Mega Bloks and Thomas and Friends

I realize I am probably way late to the game, but I did a quick search and didn't find anything. I was at Target tonight, and surprised to see Mega Bloks Thomas sets. So I googled it and came up with this: (URL) a shame. So many years I have seen (...) (14 years ago, 24-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego model sales skyrocket thanks to David Beckham

(...) LOL That would have been a great ad campaign for TLC promoting their soccer sets: Beckham on the floor playing LEGO soccer with some 10 year old kid and having the human vevuzela Andre Cantor screaming (URL) GOOOOOAL> Epic. JOHN (14 years ago, 23-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact