 MediaWatch / 2768
Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:00:18 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, David Laswell wrote:
   Yes, it does also allow them to purposefully take your design and turn it into a set without paying you a dime (even if you didn’t win), but mostly this looks like pretty typical CYA legalese. There was a CCG that I used to collect and play, and the company that designed the game would accept submitted ideas, but only if two criteria were met. The first was that whenever you sent them a submission, you preceeded the submitted idea with an exact copy of their standard boilerplate surrender of rights. The second was that you couldn’t have posted the idea online before submitting it to them (and possibly until after the idea was accepted as well).

thanks for the response, david.

i understand and accept the rules. my main point was the cheap notion of ‘let’s have a contest to gather LOTS of ideas for (relatively) free rather than pay our on-staff designers to get creative’.

..jg