 MediaWatch / 2775
Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:12:06 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, David Laswell wrote:
   And I’d venture a guess that if you weren’t at least slightly geeked about the idea of seeing something you designed on the catalog cover, you wouldn’t have entered anything at all (then again, maybe you’re just after the prize money?).

actually i did do some entries for a shot at a prize (blushing).

but it turned out to be a great creative exercise in getting to know the LDD program (i usually use ldraw), using only the available parts in the program, building something other than an alternate (my usual projects) and keeping a model under 100 pieces.
plus i was able to flush out a couple of ideas that had been floating around in my head over the last few months.

(see! i’m a fan of lego, i just need to vent once in awhile!)

..jg