 MediaWatch / 2769
Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:35:27 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Joseph Gonzalez wrote:

   i understand and accept the rules. my main point was the cheap notion of ‘let’s have a contest to gather LOTS of ideas for (relatively) free rather than pay our on-staff designers to get creative’.

..jg

That’s one way to look at it, Joseph. Another way would be to acknowledge the TLC is involving AFOLs into their design process, a gesture for which AFOLs were screaming 10+ years ago. You may not know or remember what it was like 10-15 years ago-- TLC didn’t acknowledge AFOLs at all!

We have come a long way baby. So I would say: don’t look at this as some nefarious move to support a design staff who is bereft of ideas by garnering fresh and cheap ideas. Look at it as a creative relationship between company and fan.

My .02 studs anyway. YMMV

JOHN