 Marketplace / Theory / 724
723  |  725
Subject:
Toys R Us Experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:55:46 GMT

To all,

I went to TRU last night on a rare night off to get some LEGO. I went
there, the store is finally calming down, it looked decent (Well, they
moved to a new store, but it is still TRU) and went to the LEGO aisle.
They restocked it to some extent, I picked up another A Wing,  a B-Wing,
and then a Naboo Swamp for my ever increasing Droid Army. No Slave 1's.
it looks like this will be the hard to find set for the 2000 initial
releases. They also had the 30.00 Battle droid, but I passed it up for
now (Wait for a good sale!)

Anyway, I went up front, to find Gran Turismo 2 (My other hobby) and a
new Playstation memory card. They didn't have these either, so I went to
the front to leave. I waited in line, and finally got up there. A male
was running the register. His first comment was, "Doing some late night
shopping?"

Well, considering my late night shopping involves Meijer between 11:00PM
- 2:30AM in the morning, I responded, "I guess."

As he was scanning, I inquired about getting a memory card, since they
are very small, and most stores lock them away. He asked some lady, and
said no. I then said, "Well, most stores lock them up because they are
easy to shoplift."

He then said. "Oh, thanks for the info." Like I was going to steal one
or something.

The transaction was finally done, and he handed me my receipt and
change, and then said, "Here's your receipt, I hope you don't take a few
parts out and then return the set."

I looked at him, and said, "Sir, I have been buying LEGO sets for 20
years now, and I returned one so far." I walked out then, leaving him
with a puzzled look on his face.

What is this guy's problem? I have dealt with enough stores and
policies, etc., where I know the game, I know the rules, and I know how
to treat people. You never ask the kind of questions this malcontent
did, much less accuse me twice of shoplifting. Is this the service we
can expect from TRU and other stores? And people wonder why I like
U-Scans! No cashier, I do it myself, no questions. I am very glad I used
the Geoffrey dollars toysrus.com gave me to buy those, because I would
have wanted a refund, just to tick this guy off. What a horrid example
of poor service. I am looking forward to LEGO Direct.

Any other people had experiences like this before? Why do people behave
like this? I never would do anything near the sort when I was a cashier.
You don't ask when someone brings a party pack of condoms and a 12 pack
of beer if they are going to have fun, or get some, etc. It is called
courtesy.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html