 Marketplace / Shopping / 2806
Re: Gotta clear my conscience...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:52:00 GMT

Shiri wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Johnston writes:
John Morgan wrote:
heehee yea Shiri .. ya gotta be careful, those "deep pockets " out there
will
clean out the lots and then jack up the prices via EBAY...
Larry P - one of those deep pocketed AFOLs - is adamantly anti-scalping, and
he's butted heads with the eBay folks many times over his attempts to
enlighten
prospective buyers of better deals than the ones that they're getting. A class
act, all the way.

I agree, but there are many deep-pocketed people (who aren't neccessarily
AFOLs) that might be reading lugnet for sales in order to 'jack' the prices up
later, as John put it.

I (fortunately) haven't met anyone like that here.  I personally think that
sort of behavior is despicable.  Buying a set and selling it for a profit is
one thing, but creating an artificial shortage so your prices go through the
roof is another.

J (4 on the way here but I already have 1 anyway)

I'll be happy with my three! My first WP people... Yes!

I'm going to be in trouble, though.  I've got 8 new WP people coming - that'll
make my mercenary troop half again as large as it is now...but I don't have
enough different (and appropriate) faces for them all! 8(  I don't want an army
of WolfClones...

Must find new heads...new heads...

J (maybe I'll post the WP when I do something on the Gray Wolf...)

--
sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura