 Marketplace / Shopping / 2834
Re: Gotta clear my conscience...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:26:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Loch writes:
<snip>
I won't defend scalping but cleaning out the outlet stores is exactly
what we should do.  It's "putting our money where our mouth is."  We
claim to have all this tremendous buying power, we should be pleased when
we actually show it.  As for missing out, we all win some and loose some.
I'm pretty sure the managers of the stores are happy with seeing the inventory
fly out the door (even if they could do without a flood of phone calls).

KL
I am really sorry folks got the "I gotta defend my position bug" over my post.
often folks will buy out a lot and then offer them to other LUGNETer's at
thier cost  plus shipping,which is great : ). You are exactly right that this
is a good way to show LEGO there is a real market power here. I should have
thought my words out more carefully but I was expressing my emotions in a
rather limited way.
I again say... all's fair in love and free market...I am sorry if I offended
anyone with my whining <G> please don't take it to heart. If you dont buy it
someone else will... I just wish I personally had gotten into LEGO's bricks
earlier and had a good chance at the "classic's"rather than having to hunt and
gather bits and pieces. But, on the other hands, this lets me cherish the one
classic knight,  the one forest men set I lucked into at Tuesday Morning( which
I wouldn't have known about if not for LUGNET), the three little blue coat
soldiers and the one motley pirate crew<G>. Thier ship is being built from
several wrecks I found floating in the EBAY Sea. Yes I agree we need to clean
out the outlet stores, I agree with anyones choice to make money, and I agree
with anyone financing their hobby by buying sets and then parting out what they
dont want thru EBAY or other means.  Its thier choices and my "OPINION" is just
that, an opinion....I was just whining and lets leave it at that ....

   John