 Marketplace / Shopping / 2805
Re: Gotta clear my conscience...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:29:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Johnston writes:
John Morgan wrote:
heehee yea Shiri .. ya gotta be careful, those "deep pockets " out there
will
clean out the lots and then jack up the prices via EBAY...

I think that most of the 'deep pockets' here on LUGNET would be buying them
for
their personal use, not for their auction resale value.

I won't judge anyone one way or another - but anyhow, it is pretty depressing
to know that someone bought about 50 copies of one set while you just wanted 1
or 2...

Larry P - one of those deep pocketed AFOLs - is adamantly anti-scalping, and
he's butted heads with the eBay folks many times over his attempts to
enlighten
prospective buyers of better deals than the ones that they're getting. A class
act, all the way.

I agree, but there are many deep-pocketed people (who aren't neccessarily
AFOLs) that might be reading lugnet for sales in order to 'jack' the prices up
later, as John put it.

J (4 on the way here but I already have 1 anyway)

I'll be happy with my three! My first WP people... Yes!

-Shiri