 Marketplace / Shopping / 2809
Re: Gotta clear my conscience...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:40:04 GMT

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:29:44 GMT, "Shiri" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote:

I won't judge anyone one way or another - but anyhow, it is pretty depressing
to know that someone bought about 50 copies of one set while you just wanted 1
or 2...

Well, I only bought 20 when I called the other morning, partly because
I took a closer look at the set and didn't see enough in it to make me
want more and partly because I know the market will be flooded with
them so I won't be able to sell off a quarter of them to pay for the
ones I keep.

But while I understand that it may be personally depressing to see
something you want grabbed up by someone else, if they had been gone
after my call it really wouldn't have been *my* fault - I put off
calling for several days over a misunderstanding.

I agree, but there are many deep-pocketed people (who aren't neccessarily
AFOLs) that might be reading lugnet for sales in order to 'jack' the prices up
later, as John put it.

Yeah, but that's what a free market is all about.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?