 Marketplace / Shopping / 1776
1775  |  1777
Subject:
Meijers in Grand Rapids
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:01:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Bliss writes:
Wow, that's amazing.  We had done the late-night trek to Meijers (in Grand
Rapids, at 28th and Kalamazoo), because a friend told us over dinner that they
were having a three-day sale on all Star Wars toys, ending at midnight.

I'm glad to hear this.  My wife and I are going to be spending Christmas with
her family in Sparta, and I told my wife two days ago that I was going to be
making a trip to that very Meijers.  In fact, I think that I have stopped at
that store every time I have been to Sparta.

I remember last time I was in Sparta, last fall, maybe late summer, on a
business trip they had a great display in that store.  The roving lego model
cases were in that store, and because of that all Legos were 20% off.

The models were cool, and reminded me a bit of the smaller cases at the Lego
Imagination Center at the Mall of America in MN.

To those of you that have never been to a Meijers, I have to tell you that it
is a great chain.  Growing up in New York, I had never been into a Meijer's
until about 2 years ago on a trip with my wife.  Picture a really big Wal-
mart, with a huge grocery store attached, a pharmacy, a bank, an ice cream
shop and more.  Better yet, it was open 24hrs a day, and most importantly, the
people that worked there were actually nice, friendly and helpful.

I travel a lot for work, and one of my past times to fill up empty hours on
the road is to look for lego deals, both rare sets and good sales.  Having
been in at least 120 department stores in 15+ states over the last 3 years, I
have to say the Meijers in general, and that one on 28th street in Grand
Rapids, is the nicest basic level department stores that I have ever shopped.

Will