 Marketplace / Shopping / 1681
Re: Geoffrey Bucks. Was re: TRU stuff shipped yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 01:05:37 GMT

TRU is going the way of Target, Walmart and KMart regarding their refunds w/o
receipt.  They have begun to issue plastic "gift cards" instead.  Soon you will
have to buy those instead of Geoffrey bucks if you want to give a gift
certificate.  There is no way for the recipient to tell the value when he or she
receives it;  furthermore, if you read the fine print on the back of the card it
says,"To cover administrative costs, a $2.50 per month dormant account fee will be
deducted from your account balance after 12 months of non-use."  Gone will be the
days when you can get those heretofore complimentary pale blue envelopes and insert
the GBucks so that when the lucky recipient opens the envelope there is the cute
little face of Geoffrey giraffe peeking out of the center cutout,
and the contents feels more like money to a kid.

Maggie Cambron

Shane Archer wrote:

What if you have no receipt?  Both of the TRU stores in my area here
(Madison, WI) have a sign up that says: "Returns without a receipt
will be refunded in the form of Geoffrey Dollars..." which as most of
you probably know, are basically TRU gift certificates.