 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 778
  Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour) The box arrived at my door on Thurs 4 Nov. I kept it over the weekend to make my decisions and had it back in the mail Monday 8 Nov before 4 o'clock. Not too bad of a turn around time I don't think, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Allan Bedford writes: <snip> (...) Heh... looks like the stuff I put in didn't get very far... several half beamas in teal & black half from Spyder Slayer. Are those popular? James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in article <FKzztL.8CK@lugnet.com>... (...) a (...) saw 1 or 2 of the black ones. One of the sets I put in contains two of the 1/2 width black that are 5 long each. I'm not sure how popular they are (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO LEGO (...) I don't think I'm signed up for this box, but I would sure like some of those wheels, especially larger ones, for the kids at achool. Big wheels, (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Any update on the "Canada Tour"? It's been a couple of weeks. -Phil (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

What's the deal?? These boxes started in July and we are now in December. There has been no update for many of them for weeks... Can the last person to have the Technic box send some note to move it forward. Looks like the 'Canada Tour' was a dismal (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

[cross-posting to lugnet.loc.ca] (...) Phil has a good question - what's up folks? (...) Hmm. I think you're over-reacting a bit. One of the Canadian tour boxes was delayed significantly because of poor timing (it arrived at a person's house in the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

(...) know these take a long time, so I am not in any hurry. Whoever does have them should report though, so we can keep track of it. Scraping someone without full knowledge is foolhardy at best. Scott S. (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

I don't think the CDN Tour should be scrapped, but I think it should be expanded on the page, so we know who actually has each box. And I really think people should GET OFF THEIR BUTTS and post in here when they get a box! How hard is it to post a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

yeah, I was over reacting, but I am with Tom that there should be some accountability and documentation of progress. Thanks Tom, you said it much better than I. -Phil (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in article <3847317B.34C189E2@e...nk.net>... (...) I'm not sure what's up Phil. I had the box almost a month ago. It arrived Thurs Nov 4 and I had it back in the mail Mon Nov 8. I also posted notes here (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Thanks Allan, Could you please send a note to that person and ask if they could do the same until we make contact? Thanks so much. I'll retract my statement about "failure" and just say it's frustrating. You must admit it did get some reaction, and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

(...) No hard feelings, I'm sure. I agree with the frustration part, though. I've done what I can to keep the boxes circulating, but I can certainly understand how real life can rear it's ugly head and change someone's priorities without warning. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in article <384836BF.402B3CAA@e...nk.net>... (...) they (...) Phil, I've done just that. I hope it helps. I'd hate to be party to the start of escalating tensions between two nations. :) Best regards, Allan (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Thanks Allan, I sure didn't mean it that way. I saw the smiley, but had to add this comment just to set the record straight. I just think that the tour (any tour) without having a specific list with names posted, may lead to some lack of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

There is a list of the Canadians that have the box on the website, I believe the link is in the middle of the page with all the other information. (...) Keep on Bricken' -Tamy Follow the bouncing boxes! (URL) (mirror site) Lego isn't a toy, it's a (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Thanks for pointing that out. I do believe that the Technic tour list could be wrong. It doesn't show James Brown as the entry point, and it shows Dave Hylands who is later on the Main list. Now I'm really disappointed... I thought that all this (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

(...) Actually, that is my fault, totally and completely. Mookie's working with an old list. (I'll send a new one out ASAP - probably tomorrow, Mookie). Although, there's only 1 name of difference - being that Oliver Geisen is on the list too, after (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

No problem James, we've all been pretty busy lately, I did get an update from Dan a a week or so back, I believe I've got that one online already.. or que'd to go with the next update. I'll try to remember to put a strike through Dave, it's easier (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

(...) I have not seen it yet as of Sunday 5 december. Since I leave for a (probably) all week road trip at 4 AM tomorrow, next weekend is my next chance to do anything. Sorry if that gets up your nose, Phil, but that's just the way it is. (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Hi Larry, I have no problem with boxes that are reported and move (even static over a week or more). My only problem is boxes that have made 6 or 7 hops in as many months. let's be nice.... -Phil (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Hey Allan, Did you hear anything back regarding the Technic box #1? Another week goes by.... Thanks, -Phil (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in article <3851F2F1.13B68040@e...nk.net>... (...) Hello Phil, I am very disappointed to say that there seems to have been absolutely no response to my email that I sent to the person to whom I mailed the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)