 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 814
Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 04:19:06 GMT

[cross-posting to lugnet.loc.ca]

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Phil Watt writes:
What's the deal??

Phil has a good question - what's up folks?

These boxes started in July and we are now in December.  There has been no
update for many of them for weeks...  Can the last person to have the Technic
box send some note to move it forward.

Looks like the 'Canada Tour' was a dismal failure and we should just mail the
boxes to the people who make the committment to put their names on the
official list.

Hmm.  I think you're over-reacting a bit.  One of the Canadian tour boxes was
delayed significantly because of poor timing (it arrived at a person's house in
the middle of a business trip).  Otherwise, they seem to be moving at about the
same sluggish pace that most of the boxes are moving.  Don't forget that most
of these boxes are moving through 5 or 6 people in Canada - even with an
(unrealistic) 1 day turn-around, it will take these boxes 3-5 business days to
get to the next person - that's a week per person at the fastest possible.

But, I might be wrong.  Is there anyone else who thinks that the Canadian tours
should be removed?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/