 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 819
Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:56:41 GMT

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<3847317B.34C189E2@earthlink.net>...
What's the deal??

I'm not sure what's up Phil.  I had the box almost a month ago.  It arrived
Thurs Nov 4 and I had it back in the mail Mon Nov 8.  I also posted notes
here regarding it's arrival and departure.  I advised the next person on
the list that the box was on its way and never heard a thing after that.
So I really can't say what's happened since.

These boxes started in July and we are now in December.  There has been • no update
for many of them for weeks...  Can the last person to have the Technic • box send
some note to move it forward.

I agree with you here.  I hope that if someone has the box right now they
could at least post a quick message to let us know that the box is still
out there somewhere.

Looks like the 'Canada Tour' was a dismal failure and we should just mail • the
boxes to the people who make the committment to put their names on the • official
list.

Well, I'm not sure it's entirely fair to declare the whole Canadian Tour a
failure.  Speaking only for myself, my turn around time was less than 4
days, even though I had no advanced warning that the box was arriving.  I
realized when I signed up for these boxes that this was something you can't
just receive and then get to whenever you have time.  I have tried to live
up to the committment that everyone else had done so prior to the box
arriving on my door.  I'm sure there are reasons or circumstances that
explain the box's slow journey, but it would be nice to hear some news
about it.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm

Phil Watt wrote:

Any update on the "Canada Tour"?  It's been a couple of weeks.

-Phil

Allan Bedford wrote:

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in article
<FKzztL.8CK@lugnet.com>...
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Allan Bedford writes:
<snip>
The rest of this post will be about the contents itself, so I'll • insert
spoiler warning now for those who still want surprises........

LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO

O.K.  Here we go..

Heh... looks like the stuff I put in didn't get very far... several • half
beamas in teal & black half from Spyder Slayer.  Are those popular?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

James, I think I saw only 2 (maybe 4) of the teal ones.  I believe I • only
saw 1 or 2 of the black ones.  One of the sets I put in contains two • of the
1/2 width black that are 5 long each.  I'm not sure how popular they • are
overall.  I didn't take any of the beams, but did grab some of the • 1/2
width triangles.

Regards,
Allan