 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 778
777  |  779
Subject:
Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:42:01 GMT

Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

The box arrived at my door on Thurs 4 Nov.  I kept it over the weekend to
make my decisions and had it back in the mail Monday 8 Nov before 4
o'clock.  Not too bad of a turn around time I don't think, especially
considering it arrived without notice.  :)

The box currently weighs in at around 2 1/4 pounds (or for my Metric loving
friends... 1.035 kg).  The box arrived (and I believe left me) very well
packaged, including bubble pack and newspaper padding.  I tried to reuse as
much of the packing materials as possible, as they were highly effective
already.

The rest of this post will be about the contents itself, so I'll insert a
spoiler warning now for those who still want surprises........

LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO
LEGO

O.K.  Here we go..

I was surprised that the box didn't really contain a huge number of parts
that I hadn't seen before.  I've only been back into LEGO just over a year,
but felt that most of the parts were familiar to me.

There seem to be a lot of tires and hubs in the box, everyone must have
lots of extras I guess.  There is a nice set of larger tires which I passed
on, they are about the size of the ones that came with the original 854
Expert Builder Go-Kart, although with a larger opening for the hubs.

Also, there were quite a few red beams of various sizes, though almost none
(save a few yellow and green) of any other color.  Is red not a fashionable
technic color?  :)

There were tons of gears, though almost all were either 24 tooth regular,
or the 24 tooth crown gears.  Along with these were a handful of 8 tooth
gears and a number of different standard pegs and connectors.

There were also a number of 4 length lift arms and tons of the flexible
hosing.  (The larger ribbed stuff, not the pneumatic tubing).

Finally there is also what I believe is an older Technic motor.  I couldn't
readily identify it, and didn't even test it to see if it works, I just
left it in the box.  It's in a baggie with one of the original extra large
tooth yellow gears from the early technical LEGO in the 70's.

I took several of the red beams and some of the black triangle 1/2 width
pieces.  I also rescued one lowly universal joint from the bottom of the
bag along with a few other steering related elements.  Lastly I took about
a half dozen grey pieces (1x4 brick, 2x4 plates etc.) to complement my 8735
motor that I recently got for my 31st birthday.

Since I wasn't nearly expecting this box anytime soon, I wasn't really
prepared for anything to put in it.  I know some will cringe, but I was
stuck putting in some parts straight from the store.  I put in the complete
contents (including instructions) of an 8247 & 8246.  Not terrific, but the
best I could do on such short notice.  I am in the process of trying to
aquire some misc Technic, but it's just not here yet.  :(

Finally, I also popped in $2 to help out with the postage (if need be) to
get this box back across the border, as I certainly appreciate it being
sent up here.

Hope everyone else enjoys this box.

Best regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm