 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8651
Re: Maiden's cart - Castle set 6023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:51:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Richard Marchetti writes:
It's interesting to note that speedy payment matters primarily to sellers,
sometimes I am speedy, sometimes I am not.  I usually need around two weeks
to get to it, so that some other matters have accumulated and made it worth
my while to open my checkbook, login to paypal, obtain a Postal MO ::sigh::,
or whatever. And certainly the necessary gyrations I must go through to make
payment have to be factored into the time it takes to accomplish said
payment.

I don't know what you mean about gyrations if you're talking Paypal.  Postal
MO being a pain I can understand - that involves going to the post office -
something I try real hard to do not more than once a week since the only
time I can get there during the week is around 6pm after work and they're
MASSIVELY crowded then.  That's why I do 90%+ of my shipping on Saturdays.
Someone pays me with Paypal on Monday, their stuff will likely ship on
Saturday.  Someone pays me on Saturday and I have time to sort and pack it
before I head out, I ship it on Saturday.

But about the Paypal thing - what does it take to initiate a payment - 45
seconds maybe ?  Login, click a link, type in and address, click a button?
I don't pay people very often - last time being some cool parts from Dan
Siskind, but I know logging in and dumping money to my bank account takes
almost no time.

The seven to ten days that some people are expecting payment
within puts me off and just plain seems unreasonable -- Lego, or online
purchases, are not the only things going on in my life.  [Interestingly,

That's understandable, and probably the case in everyone's lives, including
those who find the time to make daily trips to the post office or who commit
to paying someone for something and either do the Paypal transaction ASAP or
mail off a check or MO.  As long as both parties end up happy in the end I
guess it doesn't matter, but yeah, I'd say that if I can manage to average
under 6 days from receiving payment to shipping an item, an average buyer
can manage the same sort of turnaround in mailing or clicking payment.

My experience so far, with probably 9 out of every 10 items I sell being
paid for via Paypal, is that most buyers initiate payment within 24 hours of
receiving my "here's your total" message - some within what might be 24
seconds.  A small percentage take a few days, but hey, life happens.