 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8649
Re: Maiden's cart - Castle set 6023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:04:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
I leave positive feedback if the transaction is carried out in a timely,
positive fashion.  I don't know how to define "excellent" as Richard calls
it, with respect to a buying/selling transaction, they're either good or not
in my experience.  Untimely transactions (slow payment, for instance) are
fairly rare in my experience, but I don't leave bad feedback for those - I
just leave no feedback.

It's interesting to note that speedy payment matters primarily to sellers,
sometimes I am speedy, sometimes I am not.  I usually need around two weeks
to get to it, so that some other matters have accumulated and made it worth
my while to open my checkbook, login to paypal, obtain a Postal MO ::sigh::,
or whatever. And certainly the necessary gyrations I must go through to make
payment have to be factored into the time it takes to accomplish said
payment.  The seven to ten days that some people are expecting payment
within puts me off and just plain seems unreasonable -- Lego, or online
purchases, are not the only things going on in my life.  [Interestingly,
Lugnet reading or writing is often accomplished between the cracks of the
things I do -- right now I am waiting out the traffic to the east bay.]

For myself, I hope to resolve most transactions within a month or so.  And I
don't mind some delays provided the merchandise I receive is in good shape.
And that's probably what matters to buyers most -- the quality and condition
of the merchandise. I recieve a lot of stuff that is in surprisingly bad
shape. I can cite the example of a recent transaction from brickbay: the
seller sold me some items that turned out to be cracked and chewed -- and
yet s/he packed them like a champ (the most obsessive packing job I have
seen to date!). It is my expectation that this seller will make good on the
elements I want replaced, which makes the deal a good one, and probably even
better than most -- but excellent?  I dunno -- shouldn't elements come to me
in undamaged condition to begin with, and such damage as may exist well
noted in advance? I'll probably give positive feedback, but it may be a
little terse whereas it might have been a glowing response if I hadn't had
to lodge my complaint about the condition of some items.  BTW, the seller is
probably a perfectly decent person who merely didn't notice the damage or
some such -- I am hardly out to demonize anyone, just making a point by example.

Some factors that make a deal "excellent" might include clean merchandise,
well packed items, extra stuff, and the like.  I am also fond of persons who
are good enough to respond to my WTB/T posts.  All of these things make for
a "special" deal in my book.  Going the extra distance of whatever sort....

People might find me otherwise abrasive, but I never screw someone on a
deal.  Sometimes whentrading items, I even add special stuff, or just send
someone special stuff for no reason.  I think that makes for a good deal for
them.

-- Richard