 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8624
Re: Maiden's cart - Castle set 6023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:59:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ran Talbott writes:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:47:11, "D. Jezek" <danjezek@REMOVEaloha.net>
wrote:

$57 for a Maiden's cart is a steal!

(compared to this one)

As a matter of curiosity:  has this shop actually sold anything?  I
see a feedback rating of "0",  but I know *I* wouldn't want to go on
record admitting that I'd paid those sorts of prices,  so that's not a
completely reliable indicator  ;-)

That information is confidential and can only be disclosed by the shop owner
if they choose to do so.  It is good to check the feedback rating but then
feedback can be posted for both selling and buying.

On another note, I find it interesting and amusing that some people collect
old sealed vintage sets and then never open them :-)  I can't see any other
reason in having a bunch of sealed sets sitting on a shelf other than with
the intent of reselling them in the future when they go up in value.  Could
there be any other satisfaction in having sealed sets?  Maybe the thought of
one day opening them or just the idea that I can rattle the box and look at
the old pieces still shiny and new after so many years in their original
baggies through plastic molding?

That's always seemed strange to me - how people still have MISB sets from so
many years ago, resisting the temptation to open them. The more time I spend
taking note of other Lego builders habits and traits the more I am starting
to understand such eccentricities, although personally I still can't help
myself when I get a sealed box of Lego - the box dosen't stand a chance!