 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8647
Re: Maiden's cart - Castle set 6023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:06:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Doug Finney writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Richard Marchetti writes:
I only leave feedback for excellent transactions.  I have to be positively
impressed by some aspect of the deal.  Otherwise, I just try to get my
money's worth.  I have had more than my fair share of bad transactions, esp.
from eBay -- not so much my fellow Lugnuts (problems with Lugnuts usually
occur because of miscommunications or the extreme youth or inexperience of
one of the participants).

That's usually my policy too, for established buyers or sellers (i.e. those
who already have several positive responses). I try to be more diligent
with those with little or no feedback since getting from 0 to 10 is much
more important than getting from 60 to 70.

Really?  I'd have to disagree with that judgement, but it is certainly yours
to make.  I'd say it matters as much for someone with 60 feedback to get a +
from an old-timer like yourself than from 10 people I don't recognize.

I leave positive feedback if the transaction is carried out in a timely,
positive fashion.  I don't know how to define "excellent" as Richard calls
it, with respect to a buying/selling transaction, they're either good or not
in my experience.  Untimely transactions (slow payment, for instance) are
fairly rare in my experience, but I don't leave bad feedback for those - I
just leave no feedback.