 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8634
Re: Maiden's cart - Castle set 6023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:12:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
On another note, I find it interesting and amusing that some people collect
old sealed vintage sets and then never open them :-)  I can't see any other
reason in having a bunch of sealed sets sitting on a shelf other than with
the intent of reselling them in the future when they go up in value.  Could
there be any other satisfaction in having sealed sets?  Maybe the thought of
one day opening them or just the idea that I can rattle the box and look at
the old pieces still shiny and new after so many years in their original
baggies through plastic molding?

I once opened a set that had been 25 years in the shrinkwrap. What a rush
that was. I currently have a number of older unopened sets and some of them
I will be letting my kids (or grandkids) open, once they are old enough to
appreciate why it was a rush to open a 25 year old set and handle the bricks
for the first time since it was packed...

So, no, don't keep *all* your sets unopened!  But if everyone opened ALL
their sets right away there would be less OLD sets to open, if you see what
I mean.

I'd set FUT somewhere else but I'm not sure where...

++Lar

I know the feeling..... when I got those 35 London Bus sets back in the 1980's, I
opened every single set! (Ouch!!!) I ripped off the shrink wrap of every single
one of them, and sorted all the pieces (there were 840 classic windows!) In
retrospect I wish I hadn't, but it's too late now.  Ditto for the Yellow Castles
and Main Street sets.

Gary Istok