 Marketplace / Theory / 1686
Re: Maiden's cart - Castle set 6023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Paul Sinasohn writes:
I'm with Richard on this. 7 - 10 days is unreasonable, especially as we enter
the holiday season and the PO gets busy. If it takes 5 days to get an envelope
from SF to NY or DC, that gives me 2 days to get a money order, which is not
always possible. I have a couple of rehearsal nights each week, performances

Oh, believe me, I think 7-10 days might be approaching unreasonable if
you're talking mailing it through the postal service.  I explained pretty
clearly that I don't make more than one trip a week to the post office if I
can help it, so I wouldn't expect any more from a person on the other end of
a deal with me.

Although I have noticed that the majority of my buyers who mail payments to
me DO get their payments to me in 7-10 days.  Not everyone can or does, of
course.

Now as for paying with Paypal, I'd have to say if most people can initiate
payment with 24 hours then something closer to 1 day than 7-10 days ought to
be considered reasonable.  All it takes is a few clicks, after all.  Even if
you're adding money in via EFF (I just zap my CC) all that can be done in
far less than 7-10 days.

I get money orders at the local Super KMart (High street, Richard) for 30 >cents
each. Much cheaper than the PO, and there's a Wells Fargo branch right in the
store for ATM work.

I've basically stopped using PayPal; philosophical objections to their new
policies.

Hrmmm.  Stopped using it as a buyer?  That's interesting.  I'm still
struggling with the concept of how to handle eating the 1.9% cost I'll have
to deal with once my limit is reached and I'm forced to switch to the
premier or business account.  But I'll continue to use them.  It's more
convenient for buyers, which means I reach a wider audience, and in some
ways it is more convenient for me.