 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11924
Re: Sellers of Guarded Inn as if it were 6067, BE ON NOTICE!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ben Cox writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Timothy Wade writes:
And that brings me back to the main point of my question - the consumer
obviously was not as informed as he should have been. What, if anything, can
we do about that? Is it our job? Or should we just stand by the "buyer • beware"
axiom?

I personally don't agree with interfering with a legitimate auction.  To
interfere would be like assuming a "Robin-Hood" type role.  Definitely not • fair
for the seller, and certainly not our job.

|3en

From my Original Post:

I did something in a similar vien the other day, although it wasn't quite the
same and on retrospect, I'm a little ashamed.... Poor taste? Yes. Unethical? • Probably. It just angered me to see this fellow willing to shell out over $100
for something that he need not. Of course I've vowed never to do this again,
but it goes along the same vien.

I understand that it's not our position to interfere with a legitimate auction,
and it was a gut reaction to seeing the auction, and like I said in my original
post, I won't ever do it again. I was thinking aloud that it wasn't fair to the
person who bought or planned on buying the original set.

Tim