 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11900
Re: Sellers of Guarded Inn as if it were 6067, BE ON NOTICE!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:04:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Brown writes:
Well, if you aren't particularly ethically obsessed, you can always setup a
throw-away e-mail account at yahoo or hotmail, and use that instead of your
"real" e-mail address.  Nothing for eBay to threaten.

James
(Who would never ever advocate such underhanded and strictly inappropriate
behaviour.  Never.  Let alone do it. Or have done it.  That would be Wrong.)

Or, do as Larry (hail, Larry!) has done in the past:  post an auction item
for "info on where to get the Guarded Inn", and set an opening bid at 1
cent.  Encourage people to "contact the seller" if they have any questions -
when they do, just direct them to lego.com or shop@home!

Lately when I jave done that (or selling empty boxes or "just the
instructions" etc) I have had the auction cancelled and eBay warned me to
cease and desist, on pain of loss of ID.

Goodness I dislike eBay. But I still hold my nose and use it (once in a
while) because it's about the only game in town. I really really wanted
SeriousCollector to be successful. Alas, it was not.

I agree with everything that is being said in this discussion. I don't care
much for eBay either even though I use it once in a while. There is a
auction site that is completely free. When I found it last year I was the
only one selling Lego and didn't get any bids. Now I see there are a few
Lego auctions. Maybe if all lego fans checked it out we could sell on ePier.
Its design is somewhat like eBay's. http://www.epier.com

Roxanne

BrickParts

http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=roxanne