 Marketplace / Auctions / 7867
Re: 1593 box photos! (was: Re: you guys noticed this auction? - Wow!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:23:59 GMT

First I have to apologize to Dave for outbidding him. I hated doing that, but
with the rest of my collection nearly complete, I had to get this set. As most
of us know how rare this set is, I doubt that we'll ever see another one...with
that said I was hoping the $1593 bid would seal the deal, but unfortunately it
did not. So now I've got this great set, but I'm probably gonna have to starve
myself for the next couple months in order to pay for it!

Originally I had convinced myself not to spend that much, but as time ticked
down on the auction my mind quickly changed, and I figured I kill myself later
if I lost...the ironic thing was my final bid was only $10 over the final
auction price!

I'll be sure to get you guys more pictures and information as soon as I get it.
By the way, I am still looking for an 6806 if anyone has one...

John

Oh yeah, I forgot the mention that I emailed the seller to find out where he
got this set. He told me he bought it at an old toy museum where it's price was
marked down from 18 pounds to 12!!! AHH! That's like $20, isn't it?

In lugnet.loc.uk, Dave Lovelace writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Maybe re: this set, we can goad John (who posts on LUGnet
  regularly) to tell us something about it once he has it in
  hand?  That's an amazing set, one I'd surely never seen
  before.

John's the king...he got the sealed 6806 and 6807, too, I believe.  He would
have been able to get it for $1200 or so (about five bucks over my max) were
it not for some no-namer who dropped a $2222 bid at the last minute.  John's
original bid was $1593.  Haw!

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx