 Local / United Kingdom / 6051
Re: 1593 box photos! (was: Re: you guys noticed this auction? - Wow!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:22:45 GMT

Hi all,

Sorry - this ought to be a proper de-lurk, but I'm in the thick
of work at the moment. However, I couldn't resist confirming
your suspicions...

I'm certain that I got this set from a Persil offer (must be
Persil since that was my family's choice of brand) when I was
a wee nipper... I remember the wacky wings, and I'm fairly
sure the excavator buggy docks into the back and is held in
place by the hinged bit.

In theory, I should be able to get hold of the bits again -
I gave my old sets to a friend for his son to play with a
few years ago (seen the light since, natch) but said son is
more into his PlayStation now. Don't know if I have any
instructions though - they always seemed to disappear down
the back of drawers and things...

Anyway, I must get back to the grindstone,

Will Vale

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message

I remember a Classic Space set that you could only get by saving tokens • from
packs of washing powder in the UK (not my mum's regular brand
unfortunately).

<snip>

If anyone else remembers this offer, perhaps they can verify if this is • it.
I've looked through all the Classic Space sets on Lugnet and this is the
only one that jogs the memory.