 Local / United Kingdom / 6013
Re: you guys noticed this auction? - Wow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:54:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Morgan writes:
Lawrence Wilkes wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=567350684

1983 LEGO SPACESHIP #1593 MISB

currently standing at $1000+ - wow!

Is it really that rare?
Perhaps it is MISB

Yep...

I think it's the
last box Dave (JotandJab)
needs.

Last year when I was complete, I still needed a few boxes....6806, 6807, and
a few little non-US sets like 1694 and 1954.  Then I sold a bunch of stuff
to patch up some financial ruin, but now I'm back on track and trying to get
back the Classic stuff at least...I'm only about two-thirds there.  The 1593
might put be back into another hiatus, however...  My wife wants to chop off
my head.  :-)

Have a look at his website www.umop.com/lego.htm for some excellent Lego
space education.

Thanks for the props, Mark.  Glad you enjoy it...you're reminding me that my
inventories there are a few months behind...

I think an open boxed 6807 went for over $100 a while back.

I saw a sealed 6806 go for $45...would have spent four times that but I was
busy washing dishes or something...oivay

--Dave (jot and jab)