 Local / United Kingdom / 6015
6014  |  6016
Subject:
1593 box photos! (was: Re: you guys noticed this auction? - Wow!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:04:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=567350684
1983 LEGO SPACESHIP #1593 MISB
currently standing at $1000+ - wow!
Is it really that rare?
Perhaps it is MISB

It's that rare, ya!  I could see it going to $2000 or more if someone had
pockets that deep.  Just the instructions alone are incredibly rare, and
the box is...well, we've never even seen a box before.  Scans and color
photocopies of the instructions surfaced on the net around 1996.

Well, it's certainly great to finally see photos of an actual box of this
set.  This is first new info about old Space stuff that I've seen in about
a year or two.

This pretty much blows the theory out of the water that this was just a
supermodel (like 6861 & 6862) of two other sets -- although it's still
highly likely that it was originally derived from 6880 & 6929.

1593 (name not yet known!!):  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1593
6880 Surface Explorer:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6880
6929 Starfleet Voyager:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6929
6861 Blacktron Super Vehicle:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6861_2