 Marketplace / Auctions / 7868
Re: WOW ~ #1593 Classic Space ~ WOW!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:29:53 GMT

I know I'm insane for bidding that much, so if this is a record, its one that
I'll be regretting when the credit card bill comes at the end of the
month...either way, I'm sure I'll be selling off some of my extra sets to try
and pay for part of this, so I'll make sure to post them here.

John

In lugnet.market.auction, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:GA5quK.MuI@lugnet.com...
I was just looking through EBAY, and could not believe my eyes! Take a • look
for yourself:
http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=567350684
WOWSERS! Man, I REALLY wish I had more money! I was drooling over this • when
I saw the set a while back on Lugnet, now its really for sale - If only I

$2,247

Is this a record for a single set?

That's the highest I've ever seen a single set go for.  But why?  It's not
even that nice of a set.  It's pretty rare though.  I wander for how much
some of the sets that we have never even seen what they look like before
would go for MISB, for example 0016 castle minifigures from 1978:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/0016

or Knight's Challange [sic] from 1988:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1584

Hmmm, 1 person owns the 1584.  They must know what it looks like.