 Marketplace / Auctions / 4720
4719  |  4721
Subject:
ebay and auczilla stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:13:04 GMT

I was bored at work the other day, so I wrote a couple of little scripts, just
to see what would happen.

Ebay stats - I was wondering if I could make some sort of meter of the auctions
on ebay, somewhat like the dow jones...  Here's what I found:

LEGO-VOL for Feb 28 : $61431 (+0), 2262 (+0) auctions)
LEGO-PPL for Feb 28 : 9.00 $/Lbs (+1.00 $/Lbs), 41 (+0) auctions)
LEGO-PPP for Feb 28 : 22.10 Cents/Pc (-0.00 Cents/Pc), 216036 (+0) pieces)

LEGO-VOL - just a sum of all the auctions that ended in the past week, with at
least 1 bid, and a sum of what they went for.
LEGO-PPL - price per lbs - an average of big auctions prices
LEGO-PPP - price per piece - resolving set->piece count, an average of what you
pay for each brick... :)

Anyone interested in these?  perhaps ideas for other stats - maybe "blue-sets"?
:P

For Auczilla - I was just playing with it, trying to get some totals, how much
people are spending, etc...  But before I do anything with it, Todd - do you
mind?