 Marketplace / Auctions / 4753
Re: ebay and auczilla stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 02:12:04 GMT

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 00:06:34 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

No, you're mistaken.  It's not public information.

Each individual bid is publicly available information, yes.

But to tally up each person's bids from publicly available information and
then post that _new_ information (which is not publicly available) is
arguably an invasion of a bidder's privacy, and I'm sure a lot of people
would complain or at best feel uncomfortable.

So if person A bids on 3 lots of the same piece, one right after the
other, each for $1.00 each, the total of those 3 lots, $3.00, _isn't_
public information?  Now granted, most people probably have bids
spanning multiple pages, but I know there were times when I only bid
on a certain type of piece...

Again, how much each person is spending is _not_ public information.  Each
individual bid is, yes -- but not the totals.

Well, aside from the buyer issue, as I don't really care to know what
any individual is spending, but would rather like the stats on what
things are going _for_, would you mind if that data were gathered?  I
assume you already have it since you've posted pretty informative tiny
bits of info about past AucZILLA auction results for individual pieces
or totals of a certain lot across several auctions, etc.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html