 Marketplace / Theory / 1112
Re: ebay and auczilla stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:10:54 GMT

It would be very cool to track the price of individual sets overtime.
Even if the number were not 100% accurate, it would still give new
buyers (and new sellers) an estimate to a given set's worth (on ebay).

we've started to do that already, however, we only have about 2 months of data
(not great for lego, i think 6mo would be best)  and we're only counting US,
FPO/APO and Canadian auctions (sorry, the rest mess up the prices) and complete
sets (well, piece complete, not boxes or instructions, as those can be aquired)
it's facinating to find some things like:

4558:  average price: $422.25  lowest: $377.50  highest: $467.00
6399:  average price: $361.27  lowest: $325.00  highest: $386.99

it's pretty cool, but not quite ready for human comsumption yet (soon,
hopefully) now all we need is a name :)