 Marketplace / Theory / 1116
Re: ebay and auczilla stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:38:33 GMT

"Jennifer L. Boger" wrote:

It would be very cool to track the price of individual sets overtime.
Even if the number were not 100% accurate, it would still give new
buyers (and new sellers) an estimate to a given set's worth (on ebay).

we've started to do that already, however, we only have about 2 months of data
(not great for lego, i think 6mo would be best)  and we're only counting US,
FPO/APO and Canadian auctions (sorry, the rest mess up the prices) and complete
sets (well, piece complete, not boxes or instructions, as those can be aquired)
it's facinating to find some things like:

4558:  average price: $422.25  lowest: $377.50  highest: $467.00

That makes me feel better - the 3 I got on Ebay within the last 2 months cost me
$275, $305, and $350, with one Mint and one MISB ;-)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/