 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / *236 (-20)
  Re: hmmm.... all's quiet?

Ok, Everyone in Central Ohio I will be hosting a get-together of Central Ohio Lego Fans (actually, other Lego fans welcome, too). I propose December 2 (Sat) or Dec 3 (Sun) afternoon through early evening. If anybody wants to play Brickwars, that (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: hmmm.... all's quiet?

(...) Carolyn, It's generous of you to open your soon to be house. Houses are a very nice thing. Having some space to 'claim' in the basement was the best thing to happen to my LEGO building endeavors in years. A get together, regardless of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: hmmm.... all's quiet?

(...) It was I who offered my back yard (since my apartment was too small) for a get- together in the height of summer. Rational minds thought fall would be better for an outdoor event. Actually, I came up with a better solution- I bought a big (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: hmmm.... all's quiet?

(...) I'd be interested in attending if my schedule permits (usually do family things on that weekend) but even if I did, playing or organizing would be right out. I just don't generally spend as much time as I could (or want) building of late to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: hmmm.... all's quiet?

(...) No clue on anything in the near future, but... Would any of the local BrikWarriors like to do a demonstration of the game at Marcon (a really large SF-and-related-stuff convention held downtown Memorial Day weekend)? We've been looking for (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  hmmm.... all's quiet?

Things were active around here for a while. How's things? Any good finds around? I've found some decent deals at KayBee and WalMart at WestPointe Plaze and the Westland TRU in the last few weeks - TRU had the best, though, the Cyberslam 8269 on (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?

Geoff and I went to see the truck on Friday. I took Geoff out of school a half- hour early so that we could see the truck before it closed at 4pm. It turns out someone had realized the problem and the truck was open until 6pm. We both enjoyed the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  anyone going to the stadium on saturday?

I had to work today, so missed the truck at TRU. I hate going to Dublin anyway. So who is going on Saturday? Build On! John Matthews (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?

(...) Including a Mickey Mouse sculpture about 3-4' tall. (...) The minifig scale skiff and AT-ST are very nice. (...) This is one of the coolest LEGO items I've ever seen. Very nice. (...) And a dinosaur head (Maybe T-Rex. Nah, probably V-Raptor) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?

I just returned from TRU, and there were not many people there. I missed the truck where it was here for the All Star Game, so here's a description: The semi trailer contains displays the length of both sides. The displays are mostly theme-based (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: I need a ride to TRU tomorrow

Gino, If you still need a ride, I'll be going up there at 3pm. I have to take my kid, and today is a school day. Is this proof that LEGO is catering to AFOLs (Adult Fans Of LEGO), since they did this during school hours? Anyway, if interested in a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  I need a ride to TRU tomorrow

Is there any chance that someone going to see the LEGO truck at the Sawmill TRU tomorrow could give me a ride. I think a few people are planning to get together around lunch. Would any of you be able to offer a ride from I-270 and 161? Thanks, Gino (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

I did some clicking, according to this: (URL) truck is at TRU on Friday from 11 to 4. I will be working at that time, so maybe see you at the stadium on Saturday! Build On! John Matthews Carolyn Cheney <cheney.1@osu.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?

I am not sure about the exact time for TRU, but the truck will be at Crew Stadium on Saturday September 9 from 4:30 PM through the end of half time. This is according to a post card that the fine folks from LEGO sent to me. I would rather go to TRU (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?

Someone (Jorge Rodrigues, I think) mentioned a while back that the soccer truck will be at the Sawmill Toys R Us on 9/9. Does anyone know anything more about it? Carolyn Cheney (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: We're gonna BrikWar

(...) It turns out that Drew (one of our regulars) has a digital camera. But, having another one willing to come would always be welcome. We're thinking about convening again in two weeks. Anyone else interested in joining us. As a side comment, The (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: We're gonna BrikWar

Please keep posting when you will be playing. I was hoping to drop by, but just got back into town! I live close to The Soldiery (near the comic book shop, right?) AND I have a digital camera! I probably don't have time to play, but I am interested (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.gaming)

  We're gonna BrikWar

We've got a table at The Soldiery from 4-9pm tomorrow (8/15). Anyone who wants to join is welcome. We want to start gaming by 4:30-5:00. We'll be playing TL5-6 with a limit of ~300CP. Spectators are also welcome. Anyone with a digital camera is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: When we gonna BrikWar?

3) Gino, which gaming store is it at? I'm guessing, from an earlier thread, that it will be at the Soldiery..... ~Drew (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

  Re: When we gonna BrikWar?

Gino - several things. 1) Are we going to be playing with heroes? (From the last game, I will be feilding my exact same mech - the Locust. I think the pilot should get a +1 accuracy bonus for being more experienced, being a survivor from the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.col)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact